On Friday evening, June 18, Fire Associates was paged by the San Jose Fire Department. Our help was needed at a 2nd-alarm house fire. Don Gilbert responded in Support Unit 2 to the incident location at 841 Lewiston Drive, a residential area near the San Jose Capital Auto Mall. Don was joined on scene by Bruce Dembecki and Bruce has submitted the following fire report:
The incident started as a small kitchen grease fire. However when water was added by the resident, the results were spectacular. The resulting fire got into the walls and the attic. Engine 13 arrived and could see only light smoke, but upon investigation, discovered the attic well ablaze and a second alarm was called.
Due to the time of day, Chief Connant (B1) as IC, requested a Fire Associates response so that we could provide dinner service to the appreciative crews on scene. En route, Don was asked by the IC to stop and pick up 70 Burritos from a restaurant near the fire ground. We were released by B13 about 9:30 P.M.